Monday, March 30, 2009

The Electric Company on PBS


I don't know if many of you remember the PBS television show The Electric Company( http://archive.sesameworkshop.org/tec/). The Electric Company was on the air from 1971 to 1977 and continued in reruns on PBS until 1985. Well, I received the call that they are doing a new cast and they asked me to do makeup. I will be meeting the cast on Wednesday and starting makeup on Thursday, so I will keep you posted. How cool right???I am so excited to be a part of a childhood show. I was able to find the link to the old show and WOW this is a very special assignment, I feel like crying.


Do you remember this;


Do you remember this;
Notable Quotes
“Hey, you guyyyys!” (Rita Moreno as Millie the Helper)




From the theme song:
We’re gonna turn it on, we’re gonna bring you the power
We’re gonna light up the dark of night like the brightest day, in a whole new way
We’re gonna turn it on, we’re gonna bring you the power
We’re comin’ down the line, strong as we can be, through the courtesy
Of the Electric Company! The Electric Company! The Electric Company!

“Faster than a rolling "O"! Stronger than silent "E"! Able to leap capital "T" in a single bound! It's a word, it's a plan, it's Letterman! (Joan Rivers as the narrator in “Adventures of Letterman”)

“I would if I could, but I can’t, so I won’t” (Jim Boyd as bumbling superhero Blue Beetle)


No comments:

BGD

BGD