Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jazz Singer Stephanie Jordan


Jazz Singer Stephanie Jordan performed on Saturday at Jazz Fest for 3:45pm. I met Stephanie Jordan last year at the NBA All-Star. She was one of the celeb music artist that I was scheduled to do makeup on. Stephanie and I hit it off like right away. We have a lot in common with being in the entertainment industry and not having a manager, a publicist, (well Stephanie has Vincent Sylvain )and an assistant like many people do. We handle all of our own business and still being true to our talent. So every time she hires me we always have a lot to talk about. So we have became good friends and I have met so many of her nice family members.

Since we talk a lot we decided to start the makeup application early. What I like about Stephanie style is that she is always GLAM, ELEGANT and CLASSIC with her hair, makeup, dresses and jewelry. Now she calls me the QUEEN of BLING, but yesterday Stephanie wore this amazing swarovski crystal bracelet and earrings. LOVED IT!!! So you know my mouth dropped when I saw it. All my money always goes on expensive handbags, jewelry, and property. I'll treat myself to shoes sometimes and I am not big on having a fancy car. My favorite car would be an AUDI TT. I know right the Queen of BLING. So when I saw all that bling I knew I had to make her eye make pop. Last year I gave I thought great eyes and when she showed me the article in the paper the makeup looked good but I had to do something really bold to the eyes for this year Jazz Fest performance.



Stephanie has been looking at a lot of old Hollywood look so I thought red lips...a no brainer but I wanted to give her a BGD eye. When Stephanie started to show me everything I got quiet and had to think of a look that would be great on stage, for pictures and a look that is Stephanie. What I love about working with Stephanie is that she never tells me what to do or say "Oh this is not how I wear my makeup". She understands the different type of makeup applications; everyday makeup, photo makeup, stage make, black-n-white makeup, etc...Because she has nice lashes I just gave her a few instead of doing a strip or a full set of lashes.



I took about 1 hour and some minutes to finish her up. We had a few interruptions everybody was stopping by and calling so I think I finished her up and a good time.


If anybody see pics please send them to me. I'll be back home in a few days.

GLAM LIFE OF A MAKEUP ARTIST...IN NEW ORLEANS

No comments:

BGD

BGD