Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ESSENCE MUSIC FESTIVAL



Today I spoke with Essence Magazine Executive Producer of Video. We went over my next week schedule. We are shooting video that will air on TV ONE for Essence Music Festival TV SHOW. The host Nana will be covering historical locations in New Orleans.

While they are in town we will also try to fit in another assignment on Tuesday. I will get my confirmation on tomorrow about that one.

We also discussed my schedule for Essence Music Festival. She wanted to know if I was able to fit in Nana the host. She would need makeup twice a day as well. Because, I don't have my schedule from the editors I don't know what times and who I will be working on as of yet. But if my schedule is like last year I was up every morning at 3am.

I have another client that booked me last year that wants me again this year. I also have Donna Joyner who I have bonded with, she's awesome. So, I don't know how my schedule is going to go but I know I will be completely booked by June.

I have to try to organize a casting call for Makeup Artist & Hair Stylist soon, cuz I will have to run a security clearance on the makeup artist and hair stylist that I have to assist me. They want me to have assistance to help with set up, prepping, touch ups, packing, just holding me down so I can get to the next location. Last year, Makeup Artist Andrea Walker "Makeup By Andrea" located in Houston was who I hire to help with B.E.T. Television at the convention center and at the dome. I also had her prep and start on some bridesmaids at a wedding for me.

GLAM LIFE OF A MAKEUP ARTIST


2 comments:

Miss Daja said...

why dont they ever come to the west?
like vegas and cali?

Brandy Gomez-Duplessis said...

Ithink, again I think it works like this. The city has to put in a bid to host it.From there the client (Essence) selects whop they want to host it. Not a lot of cities wants to shut down their busiest part of town for three days for one client. I know the client always looks at location meaning is everything walking distance for the consumers to get to without having to drive, rent a car, take the subway, etc...I know that NOLA signed a contract that they will pay whatever the price is and that they will host it for a certain amount of years. Again not a lot of cities are willing to do it.

Do you come here for the Essence Music Festival? If so let me know about this year.

BGD

BGD