Monday, February 22, 2010

Destination Wedding Makeup for Fiery Red Heads

Words by Brandy Gomez-Duplessis

When I think of a redhead, the first sultry vixen that comes to mind is the glamorous GINGER GRANT from the popular '60s TV series, "Gilligan's Island”, a sexy fair porcelain skin woman with flawless healthy skin and a beauty mark.

My sirens always ask, what are the best colors for their complexion? I like using L’OREAL True Match Foundation Porcelain W2 with SPF 17. With a foundation brush I prefer to dab the foundation on the key areas and blend from inside out.On the eyes, the safe color to use on a redhead is taupe, but if you want a little pop I suggest russet, terra cotta, gold’s and my favorite emerald greens. Pop beauty has a great palette called “LID BRONZER” that has safe colors for redheads.

On the brow bone always select colors like camel and beige to open the eyes. I like using dark brown eye shadows as an eye liner to give definition to the eyes. To make sure you’re not giving the eyes a harsh look opt for Bare Naturale Mascara in “Black Brown”. I find black mascara is just way too heavy on pale skin.

Lipstick and blush color palettes are more on the neutral side. Choose colors like apricots, peach, and corals. Very lightly I apply a coral bronzer color by the Balm in “HOT MAMA” in the T-zones to give the skin a little color. You want to keep both features natural and top off the lips with a little gloss my favorite NARS LIP GLOSS in Orgasm. The last step to completing a face is filling in the brows with a brow filler shadow, try LORAC Take A Brow “Auburn”. This is where I don’t mind darkening to help frame the face.

VA-VA-VOOM!!!!

No comments:

BGD

BGD