Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pre-Essence Music Festival

 I started my EMF weekend doing makeup on one of the ladies from Essence Magazine. When I was told that Mikki Taylor, Editor-at-Large requested me once again I was ecstatic. She needed makeup for the private reception on Thursday evening. Mikki is an icon, a jet setter, an insightful visionary, an industry leader, a phenomenal woman, and most of all she oozes beauty.
The highlight of the evening was receiving a personal call from Mikki to return back to the hotel. She invited up the penthouse to chat amongst friends. It was one of the best experiences ever.
There have been many times when people will  say to me, "why weren't you in the club?" or "we didn't see you backstage". But where I was that evening,  is where a person in my career should have been and was privileged to be. This is how I kicked off my...ESSENCE MUSIC FESTIVAL.

GLAM LIFE OF A MAKEUP ARTIST
Celebrity Makeup Artist for the New Orleans, Miami, New York area
a L'OREAL PARIS Pro Makeup Artist
Beauty Editor for Caribbean Posh Magazine
Contributor Writer for Anti-Bride & Destination I Do Magazine

No comments:

BGD

BGD