Monday, July 19, 2010

Fierce Barbarella Bridal Makeup

The heavy black half moon liner that was a hit at the Valentino s/s show, has now made it’s way down the aisle for brides. The look created gives an appearance of dark eye shadow, but this high impact liner is being created with using a cream eye liner or kohl pencil. This makeup look is definitely not traditional bridal makeup, but nowadays what bride is. The main attraction on this bride will be the seductive eyes
To get this dramatic bold eye, start out with applying a primer on the lid to keep the eyeliner in place. Apply the cream liner on the entire lid stopping just above the crease of the eye. I used my favorite L’OREAL HIP cream truth eyeliner in black. I like to apply it with a flat stiff brush then going back over it using my fingers to soften the look. Once it is well blended, I go back and line the eyes with a slanted eyeliner brush to give the eye a shape. Here you can do a round shape or the popular winged shape.
To give a more Barbella look add your favorite volume mascara (L’OREAL Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black) and a full set of lashes. On the lips, I prefer going with a very sheer lip color in pink or peach (Josie Maran lip gloss in Confession). I decided to opt for using a lip pencil because I wanted to keep the lips soft.
How glamxurious of a bride you are!
Makeup By New Orleans Celebrity Makeup Artist Brandy Gomez-Duplessis
Celebrity Makeup Artist Brandy Gomez-Duplessis...New Orleans, Miami, New York
a L'OREAL PARIS Pro Makeup Artist
Beauty Editor for Caribbean Posh Magazine
Contributor Writer for Anti Bride & Destination I Do Magazine
www.twitter.com/bgdmakeupartist

No comments:

BGD

BGD