Sunday, May 30, 2010

My New York Bride


Today's Jewish wedding was amazing, I loved all of the rituals and the tradition that takes place during the wedding ceremony. My New York bride Kelly wore a beautiful cream lace fitted dress and a fab cream bird cage veil with a flower and ostrich feathers. Kelly hired me for all day to do makeup on her, the wedding party and her family.


Because Kelly is a strawberry blonde I kept her makeup very similar to colors that I would used on a ginger (redhead). I worked with Kelly before so I already knew what I was going to do with her makeup. Her only request was that she wanted to be airbrushed.
*OCC Airbrush makeup; foundation & blush
*L'OREAL PARIS HIP eyeshadow duo in sassy
*L'OREAL PARIS HIP cream eyeliner in brown
*L'OREAL PARIS colour riche lipstick in peach fuzz
*NYX Cosmetics white eye pencil
*Ardell individual eyelashes in soft brown

Brides always say when they are selecting the bridesmaids dresses that they like to select a dress the bridesmaids could wear on a later date. Well the dress Kelly chose for her girls were a red & white floral cocktail dress that is perfect for any spring or summer day. Very cute and can be worn with a flat shoe or cute sandals. All of the men wore a tan suede kittel on their head. I love how the chuppah was decorated with twigs and a hint of sage fabric. The ketubah was hand made on a very delicate beautiful fabric. During the seven blessings the rabbi and the family all recited it together. Of course the ending of the ceremony was done with the breaking of the glass and a shout of "Mazel Tov". The bride and groom went to the yichud room, the only place I could not follow her to :))) The Mitzvah dance was fun to watch. I watched from a distance to take it all in. Kelly was very sweet and made sure that I was seated at the formal dinner with her guest. I sat at table 11, a family that was seated at the table made my day by saying I looked like Janet Jackson:))) my favorite artist all time. At 10:30pm I was done for the evening.


I guess the guest loved my work because I ran out of business cards. A lot of the ladies wanted my card to book me next year for weddings in New York, Washington D.C., Miami, and Ohio.

New Orleans Makeup Artist Brandy Gomez-Duplessis
Miami Makeup Artist Brandy Gomez-Duplessis
Wedding Makeup Artist Brandy Gomez-Duplessis
L'OREAL PARIS PRO MAKEUP ARTIST

No comments:

BGD

BGD